Thursday, June 21, 2012

An Ex Playlist

I don't know about you, but I tend to associate certain events, periods, people, etc. in my life with certain music. For instance, Maps is always going to be that song that I played driving through my Provo neighborhood during that last summer of college with my windows rolled down whilst singing at the top of my lungs. And anything by Regina Spektor (among many other things) is going to take me back to when I was dating and falling in love with the Gregory.

To add humor to my nostalgia, I thought it would be an interesting exercise to comb through my (short) list of exes (not to mention a few guys I sincerely thought about dating then decided against it, along with some ex-crushes, so it's not five songs long) and create a playlist of sorts. All parties have been given a pseudonym to protect the innocent. (Or the not-so-innocent. Ahem.)

And may I just add that some of these are thoroughly embarrassing... so no judging, mmk pumpkins?

Here we go...

Lead Singer: Faith - Limp Bizkit
Aqua Di Gio: Stellar - Incubus 
Captain of the Football Team: I Wanna Be With You - Mandy Moore
The Bad Boy: It's Over Now - 112
The Cheater: Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead [See also: In Da Club - 50 Cent]
The Outdoorsman: Like a Stone - Audioslave
Mr. Iteration: Can U Handle It? - Usher [See also: Naughty Girl - Beyonce]
The Deadbeat: Sweetness - Jimmy Eat World
This Guy: Run It - Chris Brown
The Jogging Hipster: Dear John - Ryan Adams and the Cardinals (featuring Norah Jones) [See also: Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash]
This Guy: 7 Days - Craig David [See also: Craig David, and more Craig David]
The Mentor: Too Young - Junior Boys

[Post Script: A lot of these are pretty darn ironic if you think about it. Just saying...]

1 comment:

Fash Boulevard said...

I know exactly what you mean. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest trend report and my big news regarding Lauren Conrad. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com