Friday, September 10, 2010

The Trip

Our trip to Newport Beach this year was a delightful break. It was fun to spend time with the husb's family, sit in the sun (with copious amounts of SPF) and enjoy reading a book (or in my case, three books). The ocean was legitimately freezing this year, so I didn't have any more "bathing suit + wave = wardrobe malfunction" issues like I did last time we were in Newport. So that's definitely a plus.
Greg and I decided to hit up an Angels game while we were there, which was really fun. (Who knew Torii Hunter had so many rabid fans? I personally think he's annoying, but that's because I'm a Yankees fan. And because he is.) The game went extra innings and was won by a Bobby Abreu (a former Yankee thankyouverymuch) home run in the bottom of the 10th. That's how I like my baseball.





There was some beach volleyball played....


And some delicious meals consumed (like my delicious penne pasta with Italian sausage in a porcini cream sauce from Cucina Alessa, incredible).


Plus my niece was in pigtails for a large portion of the trip. And I am a sucker for darling little girls in pigtails, oh yes I am. 



Thus, I think it's safe to say that Newport 2010 was a smashing success.

(And now for the photo which will most likely grace my in-laws' 2010 Holiday card...)

2 comments:

Allison and Noah Riley said...

So fun! You two are a gorgeous couple!

(someone on your volleyball team and I hit the same Downeast rack for swimwear this season :) )

The Osborn Family said...

Cute photos! I hadn't seen all of those. That one of Sarah walking on the beach is my favorite. Aren't we blessed to have such an adorable niece?! Hope all is going well with your crazy-busy life! Love you both!