Friday, September 10, 2010

The Concert(s)

Thanks to the Twilight Concert Series, I was able to get my hiphopopotamus on and enjoy the musical magic of Big Boi. His latest album is amazeballs (can I type that without being crass? no? yes? I'm doing it anyway?) to say the least, and he put on a show that was infused with both the old and the new. And yes, it was worth venturing down to "Drug-needle Land" (aka Pioneer Park) to watch the show. (Sorry, all photos in this post are not the best... but a post needs pictures, no?)


The next evening, we enjoyed the laid-back, jazzy vibe of Corinne Bailey Rae and Norah Jones at our favorite venue, Red Butte Gardens.
 Oh that I could rock a purple jumpsuit like Corinne...


Or a bob like Norah Jones...


Incredible. Show.

We also went to the She and Him concert. Love Zooey Deschanel. Didn't love the lackluster performance. (It pains me to say so, believe you me.) I really wanted her outfit, though. But I didn't manage to get even a decent photo, so you'll have to take my word for it.

No comments: