Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A morning tale, of sorts.

Hopefully you all remember this post, in which I discussed a random little occurrence that happens from time to time just outside of the building where I work. (And yes, this is preferential to being constantly accosted by crazy transients, as was my experience at my former place of employment.)

So I'm walking into work this morning, only to see one of the (crutch-less, thankfully) "ladies of the night" (perhaps I should say "lady of the morning" or maybe "lady of the not-quite-early-morning-but-still-early-enough-to-be-disturbing-morning") emerging from a car that appeared to be, for lack of a better word, ghetto. I'll amend that to say that is was pretty dang ghetto. The kind of car that you might catch a disease from just from looking at it. I am kidding about that last part. (Or am I?)

At any rate, Ms. "lady of the not-quite-early-morning" thanked her, er, patron(?) and sauntered away from the vehicle, hopefully with at least 20 bucks in her pocket. (I have no idea what the going rate is these days, nor do I want to even guess. Blech.)

And I walked inside to start my work day (apparently loving parenthetical statements and parenthesis in general more so than usual).

2 comments:

kenna said...

is it bad i'm laughing, like, hard?

i wish you could hear because i have no voice so my laughing sounds ridiculous. you know, like i'm a chain smoker.

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

HA HA HA....oh yuck! But yet I'm laughing so hard.
But yet grossed out at the same. Eh early morning huh.