Tuesday, December 2, 2008

When you have a gratitude attitude part 2

Nope, this is not going to be another Thanksgiving-esque post. I am merely going to provide the source material for this lovely title. It comes from the Standin' Tall book and tape set by Janeen Brady. (Which is currently available in a more non-80s form with CDs and stuff.) Volume 7 to be exact, aptly entitled Gratitude. And yeah, it's the same lady who did the Safety Kids, so you know it's off the chain.



And if you haven't heard of at least one of these, I sincerely feel sorry for you. These tapes slash books shaped my developing mind and have helped to mold me into the person that I am today.

Or something like that.

On a side note, today has been a lovely day. It's been lovely because for some reason, the things that typically annoy me throughout the day are not even phasing me. I tend to be a person who takes everything personally, who allows the stress of others to cause me stress and who gets frustrated by menial tasks. Today, I made up my mind that it was going to be a good day no matter what, and that I would keep my cool no matter what.

It's 3:18 and for the first time in a long time I'm not feeling the intense inclination to jab a dull pencil in my eye. So something's working.

4 comments:

kenna said...

I'm glad there is no 'eye-stabbing' feelings today.

I need to follow your lead because I am feeling the need to staple my self in the forehead.

Anonymous said...

How proud is a mother who's adult child actually appreciates the efforts put forth from said mother who has no musical abilities whatsoever and had to depend on Janene Brady to introduce such values as gratitude in a format that was enjoyed by you every night as you went to bed. May I also give a shout out to the Alphabet Pals, which no doubt is the foundation to your absolute brilliance.

Kimba said...

Safety Kids!! I'd forgotten all about them! I think I had some sort of cassette tape of theirs. Oh wow, memories!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so funny...I actually found the VIP in my Family CD for Liliana, and I was SOOO excited when I brought it home! I totally get it!

When your 3 year old won't share it totally works to sing sharing caring, everybody sharing! Hilarious.