Thursday, September 25, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance...

G was a great sport and accompanied me to the So You Think You Can Dance tour. I won't lie, I screamed like I would have for Jordan Knight circa 1991 at a New Kids on the Block concert. I just love dance, and wish I could dance, and to see all of my favs in person was really amazing. I was SUCH a hot mess. (But, it is important to note that I wasn't that over the top compared to the 55 yr old lady who was sitting next to me dancing and singing the entire time... we're talking flailing arms and everything. Better then my mom at a Sting concert for sure.)

We had amazing seats to the side of the stage, and I have to give a shout out to my boss, Shann, who was able to work some connections and get such great seats. Being there was kind of emotional for me too because Steve bought the tickets for us. My initial plan was to see if Shann could get a hold of some tickets and then I would pay for them. She was able to find some, and unbeknownst to me, Steve paid for them a few days before he passed away. That's just the kind of guy he was. He knew how I was feeling lately about my place at work. He knew I was feeling forgotten. And, as always, he was mindful of me. So it was a really special evening to us. And that's all I'm going to say about that because I'm getting teary.

At any rate, it was one of the most amazing performances I have ever seen. And I got to see Will Wingfield dance. Talk about beautiful. Below are some pics from the glorious event. (I realize they're a bit pedestrian, but they turned out better than I thought they would.) Thanks to the Gregory who put up with all of the teenage girl screams, the speaker right above our heads and an extremely excited wife. Love you honeyhoney.


Sweaty and loving it

Cute little Chelsie Hightower during her solo

Twitch and Joshua

Twitch and Katee (one of our fav dances)

Will and Katee (my favorite dance of the evening)

Will and Courtney

Twitch and Comfort

Twitch and Kherington

4 comments:

kenna said...

First off, I just want to put Chelsie Hightower in my pocket and make her be my best friend...

Next, did Jessica even dance? Or was she just a cheesy disneyland announcer the whole time?

I would sleep with Will given the chance...and if I wasn't married.

This show was amazing, and it motivated me...for about a day...to be skinny and take a dance class.

What am I doing now, you ask? Sucking back my second 32 ounce coke of the day, watching Grey's eating rice krispie treats.

It's gonna take more than that FOX!

lauren said...

yes
no; yes
totally
hells yes

oh kenna, i am so glad that this obsession is something that we both share. i can only hope that it keeps coming back year after year. maybe one day i WILL be that crazy 55 yr. old lady dancing and signing away.

which is kind of a depressing thought. shrug.

Stacey said...

I'm so jealous you went to this! The dance with Katee and Twitch was my favorite of the season.

Julie said...

I am SO SO jealous that you got to go. Spencer bought me tickets to this for our anniversary and then at the last minute I had to leave for Europe the DAY before. I was so depressed. And this made me more depressed that I missed it. Dang.