Friday, November 9, 2012

Thoughts on a wintry morning


There's something so serene about snowfall. When it seems to float and hover delicately in the air. For a brief moment, everything pauses and collectively exhales. It's equal parts quiet and powerful.

Lately, I've been feeling the opposite of this. And just, well, weary. There are a lot of things that I have been processing and struggling with internally that I'm not even going to begin to expound upon. (Mostly because I'm pretty damn tired of the backlash that all of my recent opinions have unwelcomely elicited.)

So I leave you with a few quotes from others that say what I wish I could, were I more eloquent (please also see this post, because it's pretty amazing)...

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." 
- Oscar Wilde

"It is the mark of an intelligent mind to be able to 
entertain a thought without accepting it." 
- Aristotle 

"You will find it necessary to let things go; 
simply for the reason they are heavy." 
- C Joybell C

"Sometimes I have to remind myself that I don't 
have to do what everyone else is doing." 
- Unknown

"The first to apologize is the bravest. 
The first to forgive is the strongest. 
And the first to forget is the happiest." 
- Unknown

"After a long campaign, this is now a time for Americans 
to come together... We invite Americans everywhere, 
whatever their political persuasion, to pray for the 
President, for his administration and the new Congress 
as they lead us through difficult and turbulent times." 
- The First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles 
of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints