Sunday, November 21, 2010

The tale of the pilfered pen

This week, I spent some time working at a conference for my work. (The details of which are not necessarily pertinent to this story.)

Anyway, our booth was quite busy, and a woman walked up to me and asked if she could borrow the double-ended Sharpie (don't you just love those?) that my team was using. Thinking she was participating in the activity that was currently underway at our booth, I assented. To my mounting dismay, she replied, "I'll bring it back in five minutes."

With that, she disappeared.

After an HOUR and a HALF, my coworker was walking to another booth and saw our culprit (who immediately left her booth and failed to meet my compatriot's stare). My coworker then went to the vacated booth, and saw this:


just sitting out in plain sight, mocking us. (Seriously, she was literally two booths over from us the whole time and had just left our Sharpie abandoned at her booth, an hour and twenty-five minutes after she said she'd bring it back.)

So we decided to initiate a little reconnaissance/recovery mission. It went a little something like this:

 
And that's how we got our Sharpie back.

The End.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

i loved this story. so glad that your sharpie is back, safe and sound. that is the worst when people "borrow" something. i would have been thoroughly annoyed.

Unknown said...

Next are you going to write about the pilfered laptop? Why does everybody want to steal from us? Is it because we're super cool and they just want to be close to us in some way and stealing our stuff is the only way they can think to do it? I'm sure that's it.

The Osborn Family said...

Pretty funny story...and great photos to go along with it. It was fun to see you guys last week! Hope you had a happy new year.