Thursday, June 17, 2010

Granato's with my Jami-friend

I'll admit it... I'm a bit of an Italian food snob. With good reason, I think, since I've been inundated with the goodness of good, old-fashioned Italian cooking since birth. Which is why I love finding places that enjoy preserving the culture and cuisine of my parentage.

Enter Granato's.

It's a little place I like to frequent for lunch with my Jami-friend (who, might I add, is one of my most favoritest friends) and we catch up over delicious sandwiches made with fresh ingredients.

Like the San Fran Kid, for example:
It's my current favorite sandwich, boasting imported prosciutto crudo, delectable fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, drizzled in oil and balsamic vinegar, sandwiched in between Granato's fresh ciabatta. Sounds good right? (Sort of food-gasmic? Yup, it's true... it cannot be denied.)

The establishment is so charming, and the quality of the products is top-notch. (You should see how many different varieties of Pellegrino they stock... it's incredible.) It's just one of Salt Lake's many gems. If you're in the area, I highly recommend stopping by. And Jami and I will probably be there, too.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds so yummy! I'll have to try it. I love hearing reviews of local restaurants and dishes.

Jami said...

Ahh! I am sorry to be so delayed in my blog stocking. Yeah Us! Sure love Granato's with my Lauren-friend. Thanks for the shout out! XOXO