Monday, August 10, 2009

Trying to balance my chi



All my life, I have felt a driving force behind my every action. I have never been content with any form of stagnation or imperfection in my life, though inevitably these things tend to creep in. I'm a perfectionist, always have been, and though it's been the force behind a lot of my successes, it's also caused me a lot of stress.

And after the day I had today, I realized that I need to find a way to manage my stress. I need to find some sort of a balance, stop allowing myself to get so worked up over things that, in the eternal scheme of things, don't matter that much.

Basically, I need to balance my chi.

I'll let you know how it goes. In the meantime... could you please send some positive vibes my way? I think it just may help.

4 comments:

Kimba said...

a bath and a book. there is nothing better! meditation, maybe?

also, caleb read and absolutely loves world war z. he recommends it to everyone. :) everyone that doesn't mind zombies and end of the world scenarios, of course. did greg have crazy nightmares? i finally had to tell caleb no more zombie books for a while. :)

Eliza said...

You've got positive vibes coming your way from Georgia :)

Chelsey said...

love you, Lauren!

kenna said...

Waves like that always help me 'balance my chi.'

Let's just take our men and run away to the beach.