Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's a momentous day peeps


because whether or not you voted for him, or even like him, Barack Obama will be our new President in a little more than an hour. This is history, folks. It's a big deal. And to be honest, I have never been more excited for a new President as I am today.

(And for those of you who still think he's a Muslim--not that there's anything wrong with that--he will be sworn in on the same Bible that Abraham Lincoln used. Just fyi.)

I am hopeful, I am happy. I am thrilled for the future of this nation. Welcome, President Obama. I'm ready for some change.

3 comments:

kenna said...

Here, here!

Shannon said...

That was a reverent inauguration. Listened to it on NPR and teared up more than once. I loved the poem read, too. All of it. It was great.

Eliza said...

The President gave a great speech. I really am proud to be an American today (and every day). That we can make this transition peaceably is truly special.