Friday, April 13, 2012

The one where I keel over in exhaustion

You. Guys.

I am nearing the point where I know I will (figuratively) hit the wall. (I say figuratively, since I literally hit some wall or another every 1.45 days on average. Literally.) There's only so much a person can take on at once before said person (again, figuratively) explodes. (Luckily, I do not literally explode every 1.45 days on average. Because that seems like it would be quite painful. Not to mention messy.)

I am the type of person that thinks she can take on an inordinate amount of tasks and do them all perfectly and on time. Regretfully, this is not the case. As much as I hate to admit it, it's just not physically possible.

The sad part? There are so many more things I'd like to be able to do. So many more things on my to-do list that haven't even been thought about. And yet there's a part of me that knows that this time won't last forever. In fact, it will fly by. So as close as I am to that wall, I am grateful for this day, for this phase of my life.

Because, all craziness aside, it's a pretty great phase.

I am one lucky human, let me tell you what.

No comments: