Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A v-day weekend sans photos

Let me preface this by saying I'm becoming even more terrible at taking photos at appropriate moments. Some of this is due to the fact that the husb doesn't like taking photos that require flash in any fine dining establishment (our engagement being the one exception), which I have to say that I kind of agree with. (I think I need some sort of a spy camera that would be unobtrusive, yet thoroughly effective at taking clandestine photos of the dining variety.)

Thus we did not take any photos of our v-day excursions. Which makes me a little sad, but at least I got a photo (or five) of the pretty flowers I received at work.

Our v-day celebration began early this year, with dinner at Martine on Saturday night, followed by RDT's Charette, which is always a delightful time. I think we've blogged enough about Martine to establish the fact that we are both utterly obsessed with the place, and could eat there every day. (To paint a bit of a picture for you, I started my meal with a delicious field green salad with pecans, grapes, lentils and a to-die-for blood orange vinaigrette, and that's just the salad people. Ask me about the Chocolate Decadence dessert sometime. I dare you.)

That being said, I don't think we've ever mentioned how much fun Charette is. The idea is simple: bring together 5 renowned choreographers, add in a secret ingredient (a certain something that each choreographer must incorporate into a dance), assign them six random dancers (from RDT and other carefully selected individuals) and give them an hour to choreograph four minutes of dance. During this hour, the audience is free to wander about to watch each choreographer create his/her piece, whilst dining on appetizers and desserts from some of Utah's finest dining establishments. Both of us highly recommend the gelato from Dolcetti Gelato; let's put it this way, we definitely went back for seconds.

We had a great time Saturday, and enjoyed a quiet Sunday (well, as quiet as you can get when you have to keep tabs on seven three year olds for two hours) and spent some time with the extended family.

In all, it was just nice to spend time with the ones we love the most. Especially each other.

No comments: