Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Another brief note

Dear Treadmill,

I have to say that my hatred for you surpasses my hatred for the elliptical. I devoted just as much time to you, on quite an incline and at quite a speed. And I burned half as many calories in the same amount of time. My joints were sore and I was sweating profusely.

It kind of makes me dislike the two girls in sweatpants who were hogging the ellipticals. Or maybe I was just jealous.

At any rate, I will not be using your services again. EVER.

Insincerely,

LLS

P.S. Sweatpants, really?

6 comments:

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Uh oh. I think I own sweatpants. I know I didn't pack them for the move (I was relegated to one warm pair of pjs, one lightweight pair and all my running threads...) but I do know I own a few pairs. Are they faux pas and I didn't even know it? Lauren. I need you in my life to keep me hip. Er, make me hip.

lauren said...

oh sorry, my dear. i didn't mean all sweatpants are bad. i think sweatpants are lovely. i heart them a lot. i just don't know why anyone would wear them in a 72 degree room whilst exercising on the elliptical. because i sweat enough in my shorts and tank top. but i am out of shape...

Ashley said...

no no no you have it all wrong. You definitely burned more calories running on a treadmill than on an elliptical machine. Those counters mustn't be trusted.

Tori said...

I hear you...I very much do not like that Terrible Treadmill. The Evil Elliptical and I have only a marginally better relationship. But both beat running outside!

Chelsey said...

I haven't seen an elliptical or a treadmill for quite some time. Way to go Lauren for working out! I have to say, that I love my Hip Hop Dance Party DVD (what a nerd...I know). It is a lot more tolerable to me than running on a treadmill.

Kristy Carpenter said...

I feel that way every time I get off the treadmill. How could it be possible that I burned less calories when I feel like I've done twice the workout? But I keep going back because my philosophy - the more I sweat the more calories I burn (no matter what the machines say)