Tuesday, June 3, 2008

An ode

Oh Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper, how you've saved me today. My inexplicable and thoroughly annoying propensity to doze has left me quite frustrated, and I appreciate you and all of your caffeinic wizardry.

I have fond memories of you from my college days, always stocked in the Allred's fridge, ready to accompany microwave popcorn and an episode of Friends at a moment's notice. You were my gateway to the harder stuff, which got me through various all nighters and other traumatic events... but I never forgot about you, in all of your non-caloric, sugar-free goodness.

It's been a few weeks since I rediscovered you, sitting on the shelf at Smith's. And I had to have you. Even Greg can't deny the deliciousness of your flavor. Aspartame be damned, I say, for you are incredible. Thank you for helping me get through the morning.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Rock on Diet cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper! I am going to get some tonight. I rarely make it through a day without DDP in some form, but I too had forgotten this little secret; now you are causing my to be all nostalgic and impulsive. I gotta go to the store.

kenna said...

I won't lie, I think it's gross, but if you like it and it keeps you up and awake, then rock on.

Whitney said...

hahaha, oh how i love this post. aspartame be damned! i agree!

Brad and Britt said...

haha. you sound just like my last blog post....TIRED!

Paco Belle said...

Oh, the wonderment of the DCVDP. I have to be honest that I really need one right now...maybe a pit stop to the sev on the way home would be in order. Kudos!