Monday, June 16, 2008

A Father's Day shout-out

Since yesterday was Father's Day, I wanted to write a post about the outstanding men in my life, and let them know how much they mean to me. (And there will be pictures in this post; my Mother's Day post did not have pictures because one of my moms doesn't like her photo taken, and so I chose to be equal. But the dads are fair game.)

First off, I'm going to write (briefly, so he won't be embarrassed) about my amazing husband/future father of our future kids. Let's just say he was worth waiting for. He brings out the best in me and appreciates me and pampers me and loves me. And I love the fact that we can have an intelligent conversation one minute and goof off the next without skipping a beat. I love that he has never raised his voice at me. I love that he is so devout and a worthy Priesthood holder. Honeyhoney, you are the best of me, and I thank God every night that I was deemed worthy to be your wife. Ti amo un monte mio caro!!


Next is my phenomenal father. I have to say that I had the bar set VERY high when it came to marriage, because my own dad has been such an incredible example of what a man should be. He is so respectful and kind to my mom, and growing up, there was never a doubt that he loves my mom. He always came to my softball games, and even coached me for a couple years (Sorry I didn't always listen to you, Daddy, but now I throw like a girl, so I'm living with the consequences) as well as any other activity I participated in. He has always put his family first, and for that I'm so grateful. He has been a constant fixture in my life and has always had my back when times have gotten tough. Daddy, thanks for being such a positive influence on my life and for exemplifying the traits that are integral in an eternal companion. Thanks for leading our family in righteousness and love. Thanks for all of the Father's Blessings, all of your insightful counsel and for being a worthy Priesthood holder. I will forever and always be a Daddy's girl. I love you!!


This post wouldn't be complete if I didn't write about Greg's amazing father, Jeff. When I began dating Greg, one of the first things I noticed about Jeff was his outgoing personality and kind heart. For those of you who know mine and Greg's story, you can probably guess that I felt a bit awkward at first around Greg's family, for obvious reasons. That feeling, however, lasted about and hour because Jeff was great at making me feel like a part of the family. He always makes such an effort to provide and create meaningful opportunities for our family to bond and remain close. He is always conscientious of others and their thoughts and feelings. And he's incredibly generous. In a nutshell, I totally scored by getting the best Father-in-Law a girl could ask for. So thanks Jeff, for your love and support; it is wholeheartedly appreciated!

3 comments:

kenna said...

That is the sweetest post ever. I think I have a couple cavities from reading it. I do like dads. Especially mine.

Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacey said...

Sorry I messed up on the last comment. All I wanted to say is that I love those pictures. Especially the hand hold picture in front of the temple. It's very sweet!