Monday, March 10, 2008

Yup, hell froze over

All right, I'm going to preface this by saying that I love my husband. And because I love my husband, I gave him Rascal Flatts tickets for v-day. Which meant, of course, that I was to accompany him to said concert. For those of you who know me well, you know that I, to put it mildly, do not care for country music. I think I have used the concept of ears bleeding a lot when referring to this musical genre, among other things.

The concert was on Friday, and I'm not going to lie, I had a great time. While I still do not care for their music, Rascal Flatts puts on an amazing show. The stage they had was the most technical and incredible of any that I've seen in my vast concert experience. And it was cute to see Greg sing along to the music. I even let out a yee-haw or two and sang along to the one song I kinda knew. Yes, I am a great wife. He hee. Seriously though, it was great to see a band that is really appreciative of their fans and goes out of their way to chat with the audience and make the show special. There's nothing better when you're a huge fan of a band and they don't disappoint. (It also helps to have a way hot date that you love more than anything, who you KNOW is loving every minute...)

So yeah, I went to a country music concert and had a ball, my ears didn't bleed and I now have a respect for Rascal Flatts. I guess hell has frozen over. Let's go ice-skating.

2 comments:

kenna said...

I'm not one for ice skating, but I'd be happy to hit the slopes of hell with ya for some killer snowboarding. I admit, you are a killer wife. I don't know if I could do such a thing. That's like me taking Josh to a CCR concert...

Ashley said...

I can't believe you married a country music fan. I am jealous. I love Rascal Flats.